Yay!! My first "official" sweater complete!! And I love it! The yarn worked out a little wacky, but I still love it anyway!
I found this super-duper easy pattern over at "Dances with Wool". It worked up beautifully. I made my cardigan a little longer, and also the arms and cuffs are a little longer too. It is a raglan knit from the top down. I find the medium size to be dead on.
You can actually see the way the yarn worked up. Believe it or not, this is actually one yarn!! It looked like a completely different yarn when I got to the end of the skein.
What I learned from making this:
- It would be easy to custom this to a larger size. You can try it on as you go to make sure it fits right under the arms.
- It would be very easy to make a standing collar by doing several rows of k2, p2 ribbing before you start the increases.
- Also the placket for the buttons could easily widened for larger buttons.
- Stripes would be pretty or using two shades of yarn every two rows!
- I used a k2, p2 ribbing on the sleeves and cuffs, I prefer the look.
- Once you have made one, you will have to do another!!
It will definitely be my "go to" sweater!
I also wanted to share pictures of the shawl I finished up awhile back.
I used the flower loom to do the flowers and then crocheted them together using some black crocheted cotton I had on hand.
It took more time than I thought it would, and I started to get burned out before I finished it. Joining the flowers got a little monotonous and something that required more concentration than I had. If you look close you will see little places where the joining is off.
It would be pretty over a black turtle neck. I am thinking I may put this in my etsy shop.
So, now I am in full sweater mode, and have already begun another! LOL! I am so ready for fall and sweater weather!
Before I go, here is a picture of me in my sweater!! Isn't it cute!
I'm off for now. Have tomorrow off for Labor Day so I have a whole day to do what ever I want. Who can guess what that will be? LOL!